Friday, December 27, 2013

Santa's Sack

  The jolly fellow in the red suit has been very kind this year.
The special edition of Robert E Howard's hero.  All of the stories collected in one leather bound edition.
This volume contains some short stories that I've only found in copies of "Weird Tales" and other magazines that have been ridiculous prices.  with this volume I think I have all of his stories now. 



From the kids - always liked political and social satire and no one does it better than Private Eye.

The volume that finishes a fine quartet of books.  Markus Heitz has written a series that I've really enjoyed and would recommend for fans of fantasy fiction.

A book that has made me realise my musical roots are in the 70s and 80s (and I have little in common with the 2000s or 2010s).
 
The first book on my hobby that I can ever remember my wife buying me for a present at a Christmas!
And finally a fine bottle of Blantons Special Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon.  Not as strong as Jack or Jim but smoother and with greater depth of flavour.

 
 
 

2 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Quite a nice Christmas haul, Paul.


-- Jeff

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

I'll echo Jeff - you did OK! :O)

PS. I hear you on the years of your musical origins - I have a theory that your musical tastes are largely set between the ages of 14 and 18... so that would make me a mid-70's kid as well... got the new Deep Purple album for my Christmas - recommended!